Monday, April 27, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS...

The Biltmore Hotel

First of all, I grew up dreaming about getting married at The Biltmore Hotel. However, as I got older and realized how much things cost, a Biltmore wedding seemed less and less likely. When I started my initial search, I requested information and the minimum was $25,000 and plates started at $200. Needless to say, I decided not to pursue this location.

But as luck would have it, a new Sr. Catering Manager (Stephanie) started and contacted me. I politely replied stating that my fiancĂ© and I had decided we needed to stay under $100/pp. She responded to say that if I was flexible with my date and would consider having a Friday or Sunday wedding, she could work within those parameters. Now, I must say, I had heard this before, only to waste my time on a site visit to find out later, the price wasn’t as flexible as they said, so I was skeptical. However, within an hour she returned with a revised scaled down menu that was within our budget, and the minimum lowered to $12,500. I immediately scheduled a site visit for the following day.

The Biltmore was everything I thought it would be and more. There are two ballrooms in the main building that will accommodate the number of our guests (approximately 150), The Granada & The Alhambra. While both SBR & I prefer the Alhambra a little more, the Granada comes with the center terrace for cocktail hour, and more importantly, the back lawn for the ceremony.

After 2 additional visits and countless emails, Stephanie and I were able to work out the specifics of our menu and contract. We are now confirmed to be married at The Biltmore Hotel on October 10, 2010!

One check down….a lot more to go!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    First, Congratulations on your wedding, and on getting the Biltmore! I just got engaged 2 weeks ago, and as a young couple who are finishing up law school and a masters program, our budget is around 10K. I have always wanted to get married at the Biltmore, and had let go of that dream until I saw this post! You have given me hope! Is there any way you can explain to me a little bit more what the minimum/plate costs mean and what it includes? Is it approximately $100 a head with the total minimum to be spent 12,500? Does that just include food, or does it also include the bar? Sorry for all of the questions, but I would really appreciate any and all advice you could give me. I would love to have my dream wedding at the Biltmore, but I'm afraid I won't be so lucky as you. Again, congratulations, and enjoy every single second of your engagement and wedding.

    Sincerely,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could pass along the same information to me, I'd so greatly appreciate it:) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love this information as well! I have always dreamed of hosting a wedding at Biltmore and would like to know all the options before my upcoming visit. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    My fiancé and I are currently searching for a wedding venue (and everything seems outrageously expensive). Would you mind telling me how you got Biltmore to lower the price (and also if it was $12,500 in addition to a price per plate or INCLUDING the food). Thanks for your help : )

    Kerri
    kerrida@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even, I also dream of having this kind of lavishing wedding. However, it would be tough for me to manage the finances of this kind of a wedding.
    Platinum Wedding Bands

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE HELP! I am searching for an elegant location for a wedding that allows outside catering. We are looking for a beautiful outdoor garden ceremony and elegant indoor reception. All the beautiful locations require clients use their caterers. All the locations I have visited that do allow outside catering either are too expensive, do not have indoor reception area, just not elegant looking enough, or don't have a nice garden area for ceremony. Please give me some recommendations. I am interested in the coral gables, miami beach, and south broward county areas mainly, but I amwilling to move out of that area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thought that the Biltmore Hotel was the impossible dream! I wasn't even considering it because I thought it would be crazy expensive. I found your blog back in June and you gave me hope! I contacted the Biltmore and I told them I was on a major budget ($80 pp or less!) Just like what happened with you, they were willing to work with me if I was willing to be flexible with the date. To cut to the chase, I am now officially a Biltmore Bride! I am getting married on Sunday, November 4, 2012! I just can't believe it that a wedding at the Biltmore would be possible! I really wanted to thank you for posting this blog. Without it, I would have never tried the Biltmore. I encourage everyone to check the Biltmore out! :D Happy wedding planning to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful property. I felt like I was in another world!!! I had my consult yesterday with Christina and was surprised about the list of REQUIRED vendors. Does anyone have any suggestions on the vendors? Both budget friendly and great service/outcome? I also spent several hours dress shopping on Miracle Mile. I must say, it is a daunting process...lots of decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find your story really interesting! Thanks for making my day :)solitaire engagement rings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this informative blog!! Actually I am also searching the Wedding venues in Miami for my wedding with low budget. From your article I got the location. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah many brides and grooms nowadays prefer famous locations with beautiful decorations. I think it is the best idea to capture our attractive moments and its best wedding location venue for me within budget.
    event space nyc

    ReplyDelete