Monday, March 23, 2009

The Naming of a Blog

One of my favorite TV shows is “Platinum Weddings”. I always loved watching these gorgeous productions being put together from start to finish. I’m amazed how someone will have a floral budget that is more than what I paid for my apartment…AND FLOWERS DIE. But it’s still fun to watch these dream weddings come together.

Now as I begin to plan my own wedding, I watch the show with a new eye. It’s no longer an escape from reality or a fantasy for 30 minutes, its homework! The assignment: How can I create my own “Platinum Wedding” on a silver budget?

Think about it, to the undiscerning eye, platinum and silver look a lot alike. Both are white colored metals and most people would not know the difference from afar. Platinum is, of course, a dense and heavy metal. It is long wearing, which is why it has become increasingly more popular for engagement rings and wedding bands. Silver on the other hand is a softer metal and is prone to oxidization. But with the right cleaner, can be made to look new again.

So that is the reason for the name of this blog. I cannot afford a platinum wedding and will not risk my financial wellbeing to even attempt it. My goal now is have a wedding with some “platinum” elements. So I will continue to watch my favorite show, but now with the thought, “How can I do that on my budget?”

6 comments:

  1. Hi..
    This Wedding related post is appreciated of my life.I don't have a enough Idea related to this post

    wedding rentals in miami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sharing nice post,you share a nice information related to Wedding Feature.Best of luck for sharing all your post .Miami Wedding Venues, LED Dance Floor Miami, Furniture Rental Miami, Stage Rental Miami,
    Led Screen Miami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also started a blog one year ago and had hard time choosing right name for that but after a lot of research I found a nice name. It has become quite popular now. So I would be hosting the first blog anniversary on next weekend and have planned a fun outdoor party at some local Los Angeles venues.

    ReplyDelete